This week’s release contains a good mixture of bug fixes and feature updates. Notable new features include: image sizing, custom checkout domains, and WordPress.com support! See below for more detail.
🎁 New Feature: Image Sizing
Let’s say you’ve uploaded product images within Shopify that are very large and want to load smaller versions on WordPress. You can now do this by specifying a width and height for Product images to scale down to. Behind the scenes, we’re using Shopify’s URL filters which means you also get cropping and scaling!
Cropping the image comes in handy when you want your images to have a consistent size. To do this, simply set the width and height to the same value and choose an appropriate crop value. “Center” usually works well.
🎁 New Feature: Custom Checkout Domain
For business owners, one of the most annoying features of the Shopify checkout experience has been the lack of domain customization. Recently Shopify rolled this feature out for all users which WP Shopify can also leverage!
If you’re using a custom domain in Shopify and want the WP Shopify cart to redirect users to the checkout page with this domain, you can find the new setting within the “Checkout” settings sub nav.
- 🎁 New Feature: Added support for WordPress.com
- 🎁 New Feature: Plugin setting for custom domain support. If enabled, WP Shopify cart will now direct users to the Checkout page using custom domain
- 🎁 New Feature: Plugin setting allowing for custom image sizing for Products, Collections, and Related Products
- 🔨 Fix: Incorrect error message when failing to select the required Shopify private app permissions
- 🔨 Fix: Missing placeholder images within cart line items
- 🔨 Fix: “Data too large” error caused by the “referring_site” column of the orders table
- 🔨 Fix: Bug that prevented products from showing when special characters existed inside the product handle
- 🔨 Fix: “Table missing” error during sync
- 🔨 Fix: Issue causing connection settings to persist even after disconnecting
- 🔨 Fix: Automatic sync bug when products are updated in Shopify and but do not already exist in WordPress
- 🔨 Fix: Bug causing currency code to disappear after selecting a product variant
- 📍 Update: Reorganized admin settings UI elements
- 📍 Update: Added new plugin settings sub nav items “Collections” and “Checkout”
- 📍 Update: Added better icons to plugin settings page
- 📍 Update: Text inside front-end notices are now centered
- 💻 Dev: Removed unused composer vendor packages
- 💻 Dev: Updated the shopify-buy SDK to version 1.9.1
- 💻 Dev: Started work on the WP Shopify REST API
- 💻 Dev: Added unit tests for new color feature
- 💻 Dev: Added unit tests for new image sizing feature